Home Care Scam + #PizzaIsNotWorking + New Care Center
Happy Thursday, Oklahoma City residents! Let all of you know what’s going on locally to start today on an informed note.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Mostly sunny and very hot. High: 88 Low: 68.
Here are the best stories today in Oklahoma City:
- A prosecutor is again asking the courts to remove two people from a death row case, alleging they are one-sided. District Attorney David Prater filed a request on Monday to withdraw Kelly doyle and André Chance of the audience of grace forKFOR Oklahoma City) The court had previously rejected Prater’s request to remove them from Jonesswitching hearing for the same reasons. (
- Oklahoma City Police are looking for a man accused of ripping off an older woman by posing as a home health care worker. Investigators said the suspect impersonated a healthcare worker in order to enter the home of an 84-year-old woman and scammed her for $ 7,600. Police shared surveillance footage showing the suspect driving a gray Chevy Tahoe to a nearby bank and asking the public for help in identifying the man. (news9.com KWTV)
- a Oklahoma pharmacist, Dr. Bled Tanoe, created the unique hashtag #PizzaDoes Not Work highlight the poor working conditions of pharmacists and retail technicians. (KOCO Oklahoma City)
- The care center opened a new 7,000 square foot facility in Northeast 13th and Lottie Wednesday to help abused children. (news9.com KWTV)
- Two people escaped a fire in an apartment garage in the 1100 block of 28th Street Northwest Wednesday morning. (KOCO Oklahoma City)
From our sponsor:
- Wacoal Fit for the Cure – Quail Spring Shopping Center (9:00 am)
Showcase your local business here in the newsletter for just $ 79 / month. Click here to find out more.
You are now in the know and ready to release this Thursday. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow morning with another update! If you like these newsletters, consider bringing some of your friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Helene Eckhard
About me: Helen Eckhard is a Marketing Assistant at Lightning Media Partners. She is a self-proclaimed logophile who is currently pursuing her Masters in Library Science. Outside of work, you can find Helen building crossword puzzles, knitting, or devising increasingly clever ways to kill characters from her detective novels.