Here is the final tally of Beijing’s Olympic medals
The Americans finished the 2022 Winter Olympics with 24 medals, behind Norway, ROC, Germany and Canada. All but ROC finished above the United States in PyeongChang.
The American team slipped one place its solid fourth place in 2018while its 23 medals trailed Norway (39), Germany (31) and Canada (29).
The final scores from the final table:
- United StatesThe last medal of these Games went to the women’s 30 km in cross-country skiing thanks to jessie diggin‘ money. She also won bronze in the women’s individual sprint and is the first American to win two medals in cross-country skiing at the Winter Games.
- Of the 21 medals won by Team USA in single-sex events, 13 were won by women, eight were won by men
- China (CHN): Host China had their best ever Winter Games – the medal tally remains at 15: 9 gold, 4 silver, 2 bronze. China’s previous best total was 11 in 2010 and 2006
- Norway (NOR): By winning two more medals, Norway finished at the top of the medal table for total number of medals won and most gold medals at these Games – 37 (16 gold, 8 silver, 13 bronze ), Norway’s best Games were PyeongChang 2018 where they won 39 medals (14 gold, 14 silver, 11 bronze)
- Germany (GER): Germany finished these Games with 16 of 30 medals in sliding events – nine of 10 gold medals. Their medal total is 27: 12 gold, 10 silver, 5 bronze.
- Great Britain (GBR): Great Britain won its only gold medal at these Games in women’s curling. Their only other medal was silver in men’s curling.
- ROC: The 32 medals won by athletes representing the Russian Olympic Committee is the highest number of medals ever won by Russian athletes at a single Winter Games, regardless of NOC designation (URS, EUN, RUS, OAR ) (Note: Team figure skating medals are provisional – ROC gold)
- Finland (FIN): With their gold medal in men’s hockey, Finland won their first gold medal in Olympic hockey – men’s or women’s. With eight medals, Finland had its best Games since 2006 when it won nine medals.
Team USA’s medal record is 34 overall with 10 gold medals at home in Salt Lake City during the 2002 Winter Olympics.
FINAL WINTER OLYMPIC GAMES MEDAL COUNT 2022-02-20
|United States team||8||ten||7||25|
Watch live number of medals for complete medal standings and results from the 2022 Winter Olympics, updated in real time throughout each day of competition.
Suggest a fix