Elementary School Machete Wielding Suspect + Amber Alert
Rise and shine, Oklahoma City! It’s Thursday, so let’s start with everything you need to know in Oklahoma City today.
Are you a local business owner or trader in Oklahoma City? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Clear all day. High: 83 Low: 57.
Here are the best stories in Oklahoma City today:
- a Oklahoma City The mother and teacher on Wednesday protected elementary school students from a suspect wielding a machete. Secret Khristina was dropping her children off at school around 7:40 a.m. when she noticed a teenager trying to get inside the building. School, César Chavez Primary School, was locked out while Oklahoma City Public School security and Oklahoma City the police investigated the threat. (News on 6)
- Police arrested two people following an Amber alert after a 10-year-old boy and a car were taken from Newcastle Casino. A woman, who was among those arrested, drove to the casino around 4 a.m. on September 22 and left her car running with the keys in the ignition and her 10-year-old son in the car. Soon after, a man now identified as 36 Seth grant got in the car and took off. (KFOR Oklahoma City)
- Police investigate fatal shooting that claimed the life of 64-year-old man Albert thompson in northeast Oklahoma City near DO 13th and Avenue des Noyers. (News9)
- One person is in custody after a standoff of several hours with police at an apartment complex near 74th Street Southwest and West Avenue in South West Oklahoma City Tuesday night. (KOCO Oklahoma City)
- The Civic center music room is now certified Inclusive sensory place, in order to better serve their sensory audience. (KFOR Oklahoma City)
Today’s Oklahoma City Daily is brought to you by our friends at FTD, the most trusted name in flowers. FTD’s network includes more than 8,800 local florists in communities across the country. Send flowers to someone you love today and get 15% off your order. Click here to make someone feel good.
Today in Oklahoma City:
- Art Moves Under the Survivors Tree – Arts Council Oklahoma City (12:00 p.m.)
Showcase your local business here for just $ 79 / month. Click here to begin.
You are officially in the loop for today! I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with a new update. If you resent these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Helene Eckhard
About me: Helen Eckhard is a Marketing Assistant at Lightning Media Partners. She is a self-proclaimed logophile who is currently pursuing her Masters in Library Science. Outside of work, you can find Helen building crossword puzzles, knitting, or devising increasingly clever ways to kill characters from her detective novels.